The frictionless communication between humans and computers has been a hallmark of the artificial intelligence (AI) era we are living in. This easy interaction has been aided by the powers of automatic speech recognition (ASR).
“Alexa, turn up the volume.” “Siri, set an alarm for 8:30 tomorrow morning.” You have heard these often and may have used such voice commands yourself.
Have you ever wondered how Alexa and Siri are able to understand what you want them to do? Automatic speech recognition (ASR) is the technology behind this. This blog delves into how ASR works and how it is used in various spaces today.
What is Automatic Speech Recognition?
Automatic speech recognition is the technology that allows humans to use natural language and communicate with machines. Essentially, it is the technology that converts human speech to text that is to be analyzed by natural language processing (NLP) systems.
Businesses create speech recognition software and integrate it into other modules to make speech identification easier. At Gnani.ai, the in-house ASR software is integrated into the unified customer experience (CX) platform. Read on to find out how it works.
How Gnani.ai’s ASR Functions
There are a couple of steps involved in converting speech to text using Gnani.ai’s ASR software.
The steps involved are as follows:
- Collection of the audio: As the customer converses with a system powered by Gnani.ai, the audio is collected and pushed directly to the ASR system.
- Voice activity detection: Once the audio is collected, the first thing to do is identify segments of the audio file which have speech.
- Speech enhancement: Gnani.ai’s ASR is equipped to improve the quality of the audio feed by deleting background noise and pauses and making the speech clearer.
- Feature extraction: At this stage, the ASR system analyzes the speech segment to extract relevant data that is to be processed later.
- Speech recognition model: The extracted data is fed into this model which converts it to text that is the final output from the ASR system.
Gnani.ai’s ASR can generate text of any audio file in one-third of the duration of the audio file. This feature is used in multiple modules of Gnani.ai’s unified CX platform.
How ASR is Used in Gnani.ai’s CX Platform
Gnani.ai’s ASR system plays a significant role in its omnichannel analytics tool called Aura365. The audio collected over feedback calls is fed into Gnani.ai’s ASR which converts into text. This text is then fed into LLMs which analyzes it to generate actionable insights. Gnani.ai’s clients can download these insights from a customizable dashboard and use them to take business decisions.
ASR also plays a significant role in Gnani.ai’s real-time agent assistance tool, Assist365. It is thanks to Gnani.ai’s ASR that every customer-agent interaction is transcribed during the call. This transcript is analyzed by LLMs to help agents with appropriate suggestions in real-time. Agents also had to manually write call transcripts after every customer interaction. With ASR, this hassle has been reduced. Gnani.ai’s ASR can generate call transcripts automatically and this reduces the workload on agents.
Having an in-house ASR takes away the hassles of integrating it to the CX platform. That is why it is so much easier for Gnani.ai’s 60+ enterprise customers.
Why an In-House ASR is Beneficial to Enterprise Customers
- Easy on-premise deployment
- Low latency
- Easy customization and finetuning
- Hassle-free scaling
Click here to check out Gnani.ai’s ASR in action.