Customer Service Statistics to Watch in the E-Commerce Industry
The biggest leverage you can have against your competitor e-commerce company is to go big time on customer support. That is one aspect of running an online or mobile sales and marketing business that most e-commerce companies get wrong. No wonder 86% of professionals expect to compete based on customer service or online support. Given the way e-commerce website brands operate their support departments, your customers will flock to you in time if your company offers them the type of help and service that they don’t get anywhere else online.
The US retail e-commerce sales are expected to get to $1.06 trillion by this year’s time. It is also estimated that by 2040, 95% of all marketing purchases will be via e-commerce. It implies that online businesses need to step up their e-commerce sales and marketing game. One aspect of business that is an afterthought, more often than not, is customer service or support. Your customers won’t forget the time they get sloppy service. Chances are that your nearest competitors (e-commerce companies) are wooing them. If you get it wrong more than once, they won’t hesitate to jump ship.
In this article, we are going to check out e-commerce customer service and support statistics and how conversational AI plays a huge part in improving online help and customer service.
E-Commerce customer service statistics 2023:
- Only 19% of customers believe that customer service today is exceeding their expectations. Isn’t this sad?
- Even in this time where there are CRM tools that share the entire online or mobile sales and purchasing history of customers, consumers complain that 17% of companies or brands don’t know their order history.
- 81% of customers feel valued and find it of help and support when a chat window appears proactively before time, asking if they have a question.
- Emplifi says that more than 86% of e-commerce or online customers will leave a brand or company after two bad experiences.
- When considering a new online purchase or mobile sales, consumers place a high share of importance on two things:
- a) Their previous marketing and sales support experience with the brand, and
- b) Speed of deliverability.
- 57% share of customers are willing to pay a premium for simpler website help and support experiences.
- More than $1 million in annual customer support costs can be saved by companies that use conversational AI bots.
- 82% of customers will spend more money on e-commerce brands that deliver great online service.
- By 2023, website help and online support chatbots are expected to save 5 billion hours, says Juniper Research.
- According to online sales and marketing statistics, 77% of customer success agents say that by using conversational AI, they will get to complete more complex support tasks as their routine tasks will get automated.
- Even though 85% of brands and companies believe that they offer personalised customer experience, only 60% of customers agree with this. This is one of the interesting statistics as it shows that there is a big difference between what companies think about their personalization efforts and the ground results.
- If you get to personalise your customer’s purchasing experience, 60% of customers report that they will become repeat buyers. Keeping that in mind 89% of eCommerce companies are investing in personalization.
- 54% consumers want to see more video content from the businesses they are following.
- Forrester says that customers are 2.4 times more likely to stick with brands that help solve their website marketing and sales problems quickly.
- 52% of customers expect responses in time, within an hour. If you were to employ conversational AI in your customer support, these particular statistics wouldn’t bother you.
How can conversational AI improve e-commerce customer service statistics
One of the biggest use cases of conversational AI bots is to provide simplified and human-like customer support. Its natural language processing (NLP) abilities help the chatbots understand questions and share answers based on how it is trained. These chatbots can handle anything from simple order status reports to complex marketing statistics queries. Many customers expect businesses to be available 24*7 to answer their online sales queries.
Conversational AI bots make round-the-clock customer service possible. It also does the following:
- Providing instant responses lowers the resolution time and offers a delightful marketing experience.
- It comes up with deep and valuable insights by analysing customer interaction statistics.
- Conversational AI can provide a personalised sales experience to customers.
- Has the capacity to handle hundreds of thousands of queries within minutes
- Automation in customer service saves a lot of time.
- Higher ROI as companies get to save money on hiring and training customer support executives.
- Conversational AI gives you real-time metrics, reports, and deep insights statistics.
- Provides an omnichannel experience by being available on multiple platforms (online, mobile and more).
Conversational AI can improve e-commerce customer service statistics by providing quick and accurate responses to customer inquiries, reducing wait times for customer service, and increasing the number of interactions that customer service representatives can handle. Conversational AI can improve the overall customer experience by providing personalized recommendations and assistance. It can also help in analyzing the customer feedback, their preferences and tailor the service accordingly. Overall, conversational AI can help e-commerce businesses to improve customer satisfaction and increase sales by providing efficient, accurate, and personalized service.
93.5% of global internet users have purchased products online, and it is the responsibility of e-commerce companies to provide the best customer support and service possible. Employing conversational AI in your customer service process is one of the best sales and marketing additions to your business. Having your customers satisfied is how you get loyal customers, and that’s the secret sauce of every successful online website company.
Frequently Asked Questions
What channels will be the most commonly used for e-commerce customer service in 2023?
The most commonly used channels for e-commerce customer service in 2023 will include email, live chat, and phone.
What is the average response time for e-commerce customer service?
The average response time for e-commerce customer service varies but most companies aim to respond within 24 hours.
What is the role of AI and automation in e-commerce customer service?
AI and automation play a significant role in e-commerce customer service, particularly in handling routine inquiries and providing quick and accurate responses.
What are the best practices for e-commerce customer service?
The best practices for e-commerce customer service include providing multiple channels for customer inquiries, responding promptly, offering proactive support, and personalizing the customer experience.
What is the customer satisfaction rate for e-commerce customer service?
The customer satisfaction rate for e-commerce customer service is generally reported to be around 75-80%.