“Pay attention! Solve all your problems with conversational AI voicebots. Never miss any opportunity to understand what benefits voicebots solutions can bring to your business”.
Or maybe this one could be a better starting line, “Why is it important to have a voicebot for your business? Let’s learn together!”
Maybe, both lines would not go well with your customers, although they convey the same message.
The key is to customize the message as per your industry and customers. You don’t want your customers to get greetings either in a robotic voice or in an extra zippy tone.
The way you deliver the message is likely to impact your brand and its stakeholders. That’s why it is crucial to give a personality to your AI voicebots that can help in creating long-lasting impressions between your brand and customers.
For example, AI-powered voicebots in banks’ contact centers are programmed to offer answers to numerous customer queries such as ‘how to get my account statement emailed to my id’ or ‘how to reset my PIN’ and much more. However, if the voicebots fail to provide an engaging experience and add a ‘human touch’ in the communication process, the interactions would not result in lead qualification. The customers always look for unforgettable yet pleasant experiences, even for basic customer support.
It becomes imperative to build and program voicebots while paying detailed attention to pitch, pronunciation, speed of speech, speaking volume, synthesized intonation, accent, and even the dialect of the end-user.
Today, conversational voicebots and chatbots have reduced a chunk of workload to a couple of dialogs. However, in the process, there might be some amount of trade-off in the personalization of the voice user interface (VUI). As a result, customers are often left disgruntled when interacting with mechanical sounds that clearly read off a script. To counter this unpleasantness, voicebots must imbibe a persona while catering to voice queries and searches to enhance the overall user experience (UX).
Here’s everything that you need to know about voicebot persona and its relationship with the UX:
What is a Voicebot Persona?
Observe your surroundings. Think of your coworker who drawls at Monday presentations or a child talking non-stop about school. Can you vividly imagine any person fitting these descriptions? Or think of another person who had an exotic name or a distinct accent. Could you pinpoint their heritage based on these pointers?
With every interaction, you will notice how we unconsciously collect data, use it to draw parallels with existing information, which forms the basis of our assumptions of these people. You can bracket these characteristics as the persona. And the bottom line is that every individual reflects a persona.
In simple words, your voicebot persona is its personality. It includes their function, quirks, and everything that makes your voicebot – well, your brand!
Why Should You Care About Your Voicebot’s Persona?
You could have the best and most powerful voicebot at your disposal, but chances are that users would still prefer something a tad more relatable.
Because humans function by building emotional connections. Can’t agree more, right?
And hence, ascribing a persona to your voicebots can make it easier for your customers to confide in your voicebot. Or let’s say, open up!
Furthermore, the voicebot persona becomes an extension of the brand and the brand voice.
Designing Voicebot Persona: An Overview of the Basics
While designing the persona of your voicebot, here are the three main factors that you need to bear in mind:
- The Role: What is the purpose of the voicebot? What position does it occupy, and what responsibilities does it fulfill? Does it offer solutions, if so, then how?
- Brand Image: The overall personality of your voicebot should align with your brand perception. Do your social media handles reflect an easy-going and laid-back brand image? Then stick to it while designing the voicebot persona
- Target Audience: Your voicebot persona must also conform to the audience demographics, culture, lifestyle, and attitudes of your customer. You don’t want a voicebot that says “Wassup?” to a CEO
Elements of a Voicebot Persona
Once you have worked out the basics of the voicebot persona, flesh it out using the following elements:
- Name: Keep a short, easy, and catchy name (think how Siri and Alexa are uncomplicated names!). You can score brownie points by picking a name that reflects the voicebot’s purpose
- Gender: While assigning a gender is optional, it imbues additional personality to your voicebot
- Tone and Voice: Whether you use a voice actor or a synthesizer, you must ensure that the tone and voice of the bot are pleasing to the ear
- Dialect, Language and Personality: These elements form the heart of the voicebot. It’s important to align the nuances such as accent, dialect, pitch, pronunciation, and other variations with the voicebot personality in order to build healthy engagement between your brand and customer
- Colors, Logo/Branding, and any other visual element of how the bot appears
By now, it may have become evident that voicebot persona is the new UX. It has a massive impact on the VUI and leaves the customer happy and satisfied. Don’t you think it’s worthwhile to spend some time brainstorming and giving a near human persona to your voicebot. After all, the way your voicebot interacts with your customers gives a reason for them to come back or recommend your brand. Now, what more would your brand want?
Did you know, AI-powered voicebots never stop learning! Would you like to have a voicebot that can converse in multiple languages without sounding too mechanical? Then, Talk to Us